PPLA Participations’ investor relations website includes forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on the beliefs and assumptions of its management, and on information currently available to the company. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding PPLA Participations’ intent, belief or current expectations or that of its directors or executive officers with respect to, but not limited to:
- the impact of the worldwide financial and economic crisis in Brazil and the other markets in which the company operates;
- general economic, political and business conditions both in Brazil and abroad;
- fluctuations in inflation, interest rates and exchange rates in Brazil and the other markets in which the company operates;
- PPLA Participations’ ability to execute its business and expansion strategies and investment policies;
- potential growth opportunities available to its business, including through acquisitions of businesses that the company believes is complementary to its existing activities, and its ability to realize the expected benefits resulting from such acquisitions;
- credit and other risks of lending, such as increases in defaults of borrowers;
- PPLA Participations’ ability to obtain financing on reasonable terms and conditions;
- the company’s ability to remain competitive in its industry;
- the impact of future legislation and regulation on its business, including with respect to the capital requirements applicable to PPLA Participations and certain of its subsidiaries;
- the PPLA Participations’ level of capitalization;
- governmental intervention resulting in changes to the economy, applicable taxes or tariffs or the regulatory environment in Brazil and the other markets in which PPLA Participations operates, including with respect to the regulation of financial institutions;
- the recruitment, compensation and retention of key personnel;
- force majeure events that affect Brazil and the other markets in which PPLA Participations operates;
- other factors or trends affecting the company’s financial condition or results of operations and the ones discussed under the section Risk Factors; and
- other statements contained in this website regarding matters that are not historical facts.
Investors should understand that the above-mentioned factors, in addition to others discussed in this investor relations website, among others, could affect PPLA Participations’ future results and could cause results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements made in this website or files herein posted.
Forward-looking statements also include information concerning the company’s possible or assumed future results of operations set forth under several sections in this investor relations website, as well as statements preceded by, followed by, or that include the words ‘‘believes,’’ ‘‘may,’’ ‘‘continues,’’ ‘‘expects,’’ ‘‘anticipates,’’ ‘‘intends,’’ ‘‘plans,’’ ‘‘estimates’’ or similar expressions.
Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of performance. They involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions because they relate to future events and therefore depend on circumstances that may or may not occur. PPLA Participations’ future business, financial condition, results of operations, prospects, strategies, market share and shareholder values may differ materially from those expressed in or suggested by these forward-looking statements. Many of the factors that will determine these results and values are beyond the PPLA Participations’ ability to control or predict.
Investors are cautioned not to put undue reliance on any forward-looking statements.